Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Wee Babe...

IS ON THE WAY!

(for Cameron and I, that is)

i am about 17 weeks currently. so far, i'm not really showing. i just look a bit pudgy. i must say, this is hard to deal with since I am used to being more on the lean side. we will hopefully be able to find out the sex on June 9th. Cameron would love to have a boy first, but says that a wee lass would be "so cute." As for me, I honestly don't really have a preference. I also don't have any intuition telling me one way or the other. I've had some dreams where it's been a boy, and then a girl. My friend had a dream that he daughter was born an alligator, and as it turns out, she was indeed a HUMAN girl.

I never really had the morning sickness. I was nauseous for about 2 weeks or so, but it was nothing that made me dry heave, gag, or miss work. I did have the knock-you-upside-the-head exhasution that everyone talks about - boy is that rough!

Cameron has been so nice through the whole thing and has picked up many of the chores that I used to take care of. Now (thankfully) I have my energy back and am getting excited to embark upon this new chapter of our life together.

I am still doing my kickboxing classes and my running now that I am not so tired. i hope that i can continue those for a good while. although it probably won't keep the weight down, it will at least make me THINK that I am.

Oh yeah, that baby is due November 2.

5 comments:

Erin and Donny said...

Holla'!!!! You finally posted the chulupa news!!!!yay!!!!!!! Meez gonna be an auntie......for the 4the time! But I'm still soooooooo excited!!!!! Yipeeee! :)

Bert and Benton said...

Hip hip and a Hooray! haha, the chalupa, I forgot about that. I'm just glad I don't have to keep my mouth shut anymore! Apeies, you are gonna be so stinkin adorable preggers, even though you will probably beg to differ, you are too cute not to be!

William and Marianne said...

thats so awesome! congrats! will be fun to see how your baby looks! keep us all updated!

Amy said...

Congratulations April and Cam! That is such great news, especially that you weren't that sick! woo-hoo! I have a friend who is 7 1/2 months along, and she is still working out and doing her job (personal trainer) at the gym every day, so I bet you can still do kickboxing for a good while yet!

Junior and Marissa said...

Give a shout out to one hot little babe on the way! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait for his/her arrival. I can only imagine how awesome you're going to look when your tummy gets nice and round. You're right this stage of pregnancy isn't much fun because you don't quite have the "she's pregnant" look. However, I have a hard time believing you look too chubby! Congrats again!