Friday, May 23, 2008

Fashion Lover's Delight!

you all need to check out Steve & Barry's. It is the most amazing apparel store for the fashion and price conscious consumer. most people who are bored enough to read this are probably youngish, newly marriedish and living on somewhat of a budget. well, if you don't fit that description - then i hate you. and you suck. just kidding.

so, last weekend cam and i were at good ol' Birthuation. the last day we were there we hit up Steve & Barry's. usually this store lives by the rule that nothing in the store costs over $19.98. well, i am sold on getting any new item of fashion for under $20. to our delight, this particular day we walked in and right before our eyes was a sign nothing short of heaven on earth

EVERYTHING IN STORE $8.98 OR LESS!

now, usually when one sees a sign of this magnitude it ends up being some crappy clothes that are all in the sizes that no average human can fit into. NO- THIS WAS NOT THE CASE!

they had cute stuff, that fit me. for cheap.

and to make matters even more heavenly, cam looked over at me and said, "whatever we do, let's just not look at the total when we get to the register. let's get whatever we want."

if any of you know my hubs - he is NOT a fashionista, nor is he one who justifies buying new clothes just to look as if he cares about his appearance. i almost peed myself at his reaction.

we bought an entire summer's (and fall and spring) worth of clothes and spend around $300 (about 50 items - shoes included!).

you all need to check it out. cute, non-sluttish clothes for an inexpensive price. what more could a young-budgeting-her-pennies-girl ask for?

4 comments:

William and Marianne said...

fun to see your blog! i havent looked around at everyones forever! how are ya? did you hear "fuf" jenny (skousen) mcdowell is having triplets!!??

Templeton Family said...

Hi April!
This is Brooke (Neal) Templeton. How are you? Sorry it took a while to respond, I don't get on very often. I am living in Bozeman, MT. I have an 11 month old son, and a very handsome husband of almost a year and a half. I haven't talked to Cori in a while. But we have sort of kept in touch. Do you ever talk to Jillian? I love these blogs! Hope all is well. I'll check back.
Brooke

Bert and Benton said...

I LOVE LOVE Steve and Barry's! I didn't know they had them in CAli, but I should've. I went when we were in the NYC. it was Delightful.
So I must apoligize for my being a putz last week. We didn't do much the rest of our trip becuase of our everso painful sunfries, I am so very sorry. Hooray for your new outfits!!!! I am SO jealous, Cam is one awesome husband.

Patterson Family said...

Wow-I love a good buy! I love even more being told to just get what ever I want. What a fun couple of hours you must have had! I have never heard of that place but I want to check it out now.